Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bible Verses I Am Fond Of


Psalm 3:3-4
But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I cried out to the Lord and he answered me from his holy mountain.

Psalm 4:4
Don't sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

1 Thessalonians 5:19
Do not stifle the holy spirit.
(stifle:to quell, crush, or end by force, to supress, curb or withhold)

Proverbs 5:24-25
Avoid all perverse talk;stay away from corrupt speech. Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.

Matt 9:12
...Healthy people don't need a doctor-sick people do.

Psalm 25:3
Noone who trusts in you will ever be disgraced, but disgrace comes to those who decieve others.

Psalm 25:21
May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you.

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up quarrels but LOVE makes up for all offenses.

Proverbs 10:18
Hiding hatred makes you a liar, slandering others makes you a fool.

Proverbs 10:19
Too much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and keep your mouth shut.

Proverbs 14:30
A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones.

Proverbs 15:22
Plans go wrong for lack of advice. Many advisers bring success.

Mark 11:25
But when you are praying first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against so that your father in heaven will forgive your sins too.

Psalm 41:9
Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.

Psalm 41:12
In my integrity you uphold me and set me in your prescence forever.

Psalm 57:4
I am in the midst of lions; I lie among ravenous beasts, men who's teeth are spears and arrows, whose tongues are sharp swords.

Psalm 46: 1-3
God is our refuge and strength an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with surging.

Ephesians 4:29
When  you talk, do not say harmful things but say what people need- words that will help others become strong.

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

1 Thessalonians 5:9-11
For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to recieve salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-22
Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not put out the spirit's fire, do not treat phrophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment