Friday, April 27, 2012

Eucharisto

1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Last spring and early summer was pretty dark for me. Things were piling up- family issues, friend issues, self-image problems, self-worth problems- I was griping, negative, and just unhappy. Depression was consuming me and I was afraid..I was terrified that I would do something to myself that was self-destructive. I felt so little control over it and I felt so far away from God.  

Many of you may have heard of Ann Voskamp- she wrote One Thousand Gifts- a book that without a shadow of a doubt, changed my life, changed how I view life. 
It's about living life fully right where you are.
It's about finding God in the hard, painful, things life throws at us. 
It's about giving thanks- to search for what you can thank God for.
Eucharisto-to be grateful, feel thankful, give thanks. 
God gives us so many things to be thankful for each day. 
Even in the hard times. 

After I started reading the book..something in me changed. It was slow at first, how my joy & passion for God and for life returned. 

I realized He's always been with me. Even on the days that it seemed like he had forsaken me. 
And I realized that even when I don't understand, I need to give thanks for all He has done. 
So that's what I'm gonna do. 
Search for the gifts He gives. 
And I'm going to list them. I have a list that I started last summer but I always got distracted and forgot to keep them together. So here are some of God's gifts I've found today: 

Peanut Butter and Jelly smiles.










Blooming Tulips












Kid smiles.:) 



Ben..being Ben

Hidden violets (I think those are violets)

the texture in a tree's bark

mountains of sand





 taking pictures on the beach with the best friend (even though the temperature and the insane rushing wind made it freezing)


Birds soaring overhead
Crashing waves against the rocks













Firey sunsets over Lake Michigan


Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Whatever you are doing today, whatever you are going through, STOP! Stop worrying, stop and look for one of His gifts. It will bring much joy. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment