Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wisconsin: They Put Blankets on Their Cows In the Winter!!

This post is for all the people that repeatedly ask me about my odd fascination/love for the state of Wisconsin. 

This is how it all began:

It was a cold spring day in May of 2005. Noelle and her father were at Great America when it started to rain. They didn't want to stay at the park because they were freezing so they got in the car and randomly decided to go to Wisconsin because that's where Noelle's Father was originally from. The first place they stopped at was a small outlet mall where they had a chef's shop and Gap. There wasn't much there but it was a nice friendly place.

 Before they knew it, it was 7 o'clock and they were feeling rather hungry. They left the mall and went deeper into Wisconsin where there was a bucnh of little restaurants and stores, but the biggest store of them all was a HUGE grocery store called, Woodmans. Out of plain curiousity they walked into the bakery entrance of the store and there was something about the place that reminded Noelle of her childhood. It was the most bizarre feeling but she loved it. She loved that store. There was a bunch of strange food like Bunny Pasta. (Not really made of bunnies, it just a cute bunny on the front.) The best part though, was there was a scrapbooking section! And they had windmill cookies. Just like the ones her father gave her when she was young child. She was sad to go. For the next two weeks it was all she could talk about. (Well, not really but you get the idea.) 


....anyway that was the portion of the story where I talk about myself in third person...hahahaha. 

That was only the begining . After that we kept going because we liked it there and my dad had research to do in his old hometown. I fell in love with that place too. The lake. The big library. The pretty houses. The little town life. I just loved it. 

 When you think Wisconsin you think cows and cheese but I think deeper than that. I dont know why really. It's the little things about it, I guess. I have some sort of odd connection with the place. I can't really exsplain it deeper than that. I know it doesn't make sense to you guys at all.  Sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment