Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Please Pray

It's 12:39 a.m. I was in my room falling asleep when I smell smoke. I checked the house, making sure the house wasn't on fire. I saw a bit of orange from the crack of my window shades. I was afraid to look outside because I was afraid of what I would find. I was terrified that it might be one of my neighbors house's. I knew I'd better look because...well...my curiosity won over my fear. When I walked outside all I could see was orange. Thick orange smokey flames... and yelling...and sirens...and dogs barking. I could smell it. It was one street over. It was one entire street over and I could still smell it and taste the smoke. It was bad. So I just sat there on my swing on the porch...watching. I was shivering and thinking about getting a blanket while people in that house could be stuck and burning or completely filled with grief over their loss. That's how selfish I am. The nerve I have to think of myself. 

My point is, pray, please, please pray for the people who's house burnt down and is continuing to do so as I type this...

No comments:

Post a Comment