Monday, August 6, 2007

Switching Churches


when I get home I am looking for a different church to go to. I've said that before but I know it's time for me to move on now.

Homewood Full Gospel is good....but unfortunately it's in Homewood.

Then there's always the churches that my lovely friends go to but I want to be called to a church, I don't want to just go because a few of my friends go there.

VCC has been a wonderful chapter in my life. (For the most part) I have so many lovely memories from that place. I could tell them. I could write them down but I know that you wouldn't understand. (Except Shannah and Mom, of course.)  But I just need to move on. I'm not getting anything out of it. I'm too caught up on who's there and if we're singing old songs or not. Every time I go I want to leave early and that is just not healthy. I am not growing. I went to two different churches, Homewood Full Gospel and my mom's church down here and I got more out of it from them than I've gotten from VCC for like six months.

Not to mention that I cannot take the gossip anymore. So much gossip and pettiness....and from a church.
This is going to be really hard for me. It'll be hard not seeing the people I love so much that I've known for ten years now. It'll be hard meeting new people. It'll be hard getting used to a new pastor and new people and new songs. Or maybe it won't... Maybe I'll feel at home right away. In  1998 when we decided that we were leaving the Nice Church for VCC I had these same sad feelings...what would happen to my friendships and all the fun memories? But look how it turned out! I have so many people who I have grown with... Randy Dawkins, he has always been here for me. Always. Christy, even if I'm not exactly happy with her right now. We have been so close. Joann, Julie Signorelli (Owens), Sara and Rich, and even the people that came in late in the game, Timmy Knight, one of my closest guy friends I've had, Jenny of course, Taylor Wilson. And of course Pastor Kerry...

It's going to be so hard to exsplain this to them. Part of me hopes that I can just slip out without them noticing for awhile. (They probaly won't...for a few months.) But I know I'll have to talk it over with someone or they'll all think I've gone to the other side and then rumors will start....and uggh.
Okay, I better shut up about that now.

I wish there was a way I could travel to Homewood every week. I really loved that church and felt like I belonged. I got so much out of the sermon...and it was about MONEY. It was about how I am rich. Yeah that sounds weird. But I am. Because I have more than I need while others in third world countries hardly have anything they need.

Pray for wisdom through this. I'm not turning back. I can't turn back. I don't belong there anymore. I don't want to choose a church that isn't right for me. I want to grow more and learn more without distractions and stupid drama.

The end.
I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment