Monday, March 28, 2011

Making the Most of Every Moment


I've been thinking alot in the past two weeks. I've been praying alot about this too and I finally feel like I can put it into words.
I am sick of living in the past. From this day forward, when I am with people, I am going to be with, people. Too many times I miss out on great moments because I am thinking about someone else or missing a time in my life, living in my old memories, or whatever I have to be sorry for myself about at the time.
I am SO sick of it.
Because who knows how much time we really have with the people we love?
Who knows what's gonna happen in the future?
Today could be my last day on earth. I don't want to leave knowing that I could have left the people that I love hurt by my own selfishness...
So, I'm really going to work on being with people, not wasting time worrying, and just showing the people I love that I love them.
Love is patient.
Love is kind.
It doesn't envy. It doesn't boast. It isn't proud.
It doesn't dishonor others. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love doesn't delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
I want to really love my friends and family. I know its so much easier said than done...talking about making the most of each moment and actually doing that is really hard...Technology doesn't make it any better.
But I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment