Friday, December 2, 2011

Seasons


Things have been going pretty good for me lately. I’m making a decent amount of money at my jobs. I’m on good terms with all of my family and all of my friends. Yet something in me decided that I needed to take a break from communicating with them. I’ve been isolating myself since Wednesday. And the silence is almost deafening.
Why did I do this you ask?
I’m not sure. I think it is in the anticipation of the hard times ahead. Cause I know things can’t be this great forever. There will be times where I won’t have anyone but God. There will be times when I will be betrayed. There will be times when I’m rejected. There will be times when my mistakes cause me to have a loss. Just like the past.
Maybe I’m just being pessimistic. 
Maybe I’m just afraid.
I guess I am afraid.
But I believe that it is a rightful fear.
I don’t want to have such a dependence on the good I have in my life right now. Because it makes me lose focus on the One that is constant, the one that does not change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment