Thursday, December 1, 2011

Jesus Is Coming Soon!



In America we have so much freedom.
We have freedom to gather and worship God and have fellowship with Christians. People in other countries fight for that. They risk their lives for that fellowship. They don’t have access to God’s word like we do.
I am realizing how great I have it where I am. I am realizing how comfortable my life really is. I am realizing that my worries about the future, what I am going to do with my life, if I’ll have enough money if my car breaks down, who my friends are, who I will marry. That does not matter.
It is so easy here, to lose sight on what is important.
Even when we think we have our eyes on what’s important, we still live such selfish lives.
I don’t want to live selfishly anymore. I want to do something. I have it so good here. And we are running out of time. How much longer are we going to live our lives so selfishly?
What I do for a living isn’t important. What kind of car I drive isn’t important.
There are so many things that are not important.
But there is one thing that is important- the gospel. Jesus is coming soon. And there will come a day, whether it be my death or Jesus’s return, that I will no longer be here. No longer be able to make a difference in people's lives. No longer able to share my abundance.
I want the time that I have here on this earth to matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment