Monday, September 11, 2006

Two Years Ago


Today is the anniversary of two big events that have had a big impact on my life. 
First, September 11, 2001, when (as many of you are aware of) the nation faced tradgedy with the deaths of the thousands and thousands of  people in The World Trade Center, The  Pentagon, And the four planes. You all know how that felt like. Some more than others. 

Secondly, September 11, 2004, the day my mom and Vivvian moved to Florida with Jeff and my life was changed forever. I remember waking up that morning in my grandma's old room feeling like I was in an alternate reality. My mom made the descion to get married and move to Florida. I made the choice to stay back in Indiana with my dad and Shannah. It was the hardest descion I've made in my life. Before she left I was frantic wondering what would happen when it was time for all of our Fall traditions like Going to the Pumpkin Patch and the apple orchard. Or what it would be like to have Thanksgiving and Birthdays without her and Vivvian. But I knew what I was doing was best because in Florida my life didn't seem right. I tried it out for a week and it didn't work.

Sure life has been hard with this humongous transition within these two years. But now I think I've finally accepted it. I've learned that things change and there's nothing we can do about that. But God. God never changes and he's always there. He never has an away message up.
Here's some lyrics my mom posted on my wall. (I still have it up there too.)
If home is really where the heart is, then home must be a place we all can share.
For even with our differences, our hearts are much the same.
For where love is, we come together there.

Wherever there is laughter ringing, someone smiling, someone dreaming;
We can live together there; Love will be our home.
Wherever there are children singing, where a tender heart is beating;
We can live together there, 'cause love will be our home.

With love, our hearts can be a family, and hope can bring this family face to face.
And though we may be far apart, our hearts can beat as one
When love brings us together in one place.

Wherever there is laughter ringing, someone smiling, someone dreaming;
We can live together there; Love will be our home.
Where there are words of kindness spoken, where a vow is never broken;
We can live together there, 'cause love will be our home.

Wherever there is laughter ringing, someone smiling, someone dreaming;
We can live together there, 'cause love will be our home.
Love will be our home!

Some say that they feel sorry for me because of what I've went through. But really, you shouldn't. Because through all this and other life changing event I have only grown stronger with God.
I love you Mom and Vivvian.

No comments:

Post a Comment