Friday, August 10, 2012

My first Friday's Letters

                                              Photobucket
So I am going to try this Friday's letters thing. Because I'm trying to write more. So I may as well write more on this blog that two people follow. :D (Plus I think it is just a really cute idea.)
  
Dear Friday, 
It doesn't really feel like you're here. It's kind of just like another day. Probably because there isn't the camp fire following chapel and a bunch of sugar crazed children sad to be going home tomorrow morning.And I am not dreading tomorrow morning's big cleaning day. I like this kind of Friday but I will miss camp Fridays! 
Dear Camp, 
I miss you. Sort of. I miss having a set time for meals, always having something to do, and always having someone to run into. You're amazing even when you're stressful, even when you make me crazy. God is moving through you and may it continue to do so for many, many years to come. 
Dear good Camp friends, 
I miss you a lot. You're encouragement and humor made my mundane job bearable. Thank you for making me feel appreciated, loved, and like I was a part of something.  
Dear Home, 
You're great. I love you. Please clean yourself. I don't want to lift a finger. I am exhausted. 
Dear Rain, 
I really missed you in the beginning of the summer, mostly because of the drought stressed turf at camp. But I did not appreciate you showing up in Gurnee yesterday. I did not have a "Six Flags day". 
Dear Six Flags, 
I am very disappointed in you. I understand a lot of people lose things on rides but it was raining yesterday and  Batman was closed several times throughout the day. How hard can it be to go out and retrieve a set of keys? I thought you were making so much progress! 
Dear Indiana, 
The only reason I love you is because of my family. 
And the dunes. 
Dear Wisconsin, 
I suppose I have a love/hate relationship with you. I miss you. Sort of. Ok I really do, 
Dear Ingrid Michelson, 
You are fabulous. 
Dear God, 
Thank you for always providing, always loving me, always having a plan. I love you. And I know you love me. 
(Psalm 46:10)


Noelle :) 






1 comment: