Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Been Awhile


It's been awhile. I don't know why but there's something about xanga that is just more comforting than writing on facebook. Maybe because only a few people read this. I don't know. I've had this thing since summer of 2006 and I just cant seem to stop writing on here. Even if I don't write in it for awhile. It's like my comforting old friend. 

There's been a lot of changes in my life since I last really updated this thing in May. 
Summer was amazing. The first two weeks of staff training I kind of wandered, trying to find my place at the camp. I spent a lot of time alone, cause that is what I had been used to. My temporary roommate encouraged me to be social and I was at times. Working in the kitchen the first two weeks, I was not sure about it. I wasn't sure if I'd fit in with the summer staff that worked there. It wasn't until the first Sunday night dinner that we all worked, that I realized that they were good people. 

I lost my ring. The one Shannah gave me for my birthday/Christmas. It was my birth stone. I realized it was not on my finger after we were all done cleaning in the kitchen. I panicked. Searching my pockets, the apron pockets and pretty much everywhere I could think of in the kitchen. My friend Katie was convinced that I must have thrown it away. So she and my friend Emily actually got in the dumpster... and searched through bags of trash. Abby, Pat, Lauren, my roommate Sherra and I helped from outside the dumpster. My boss Dean came out from the kitchen. I thought he was going to yell at us for the dumpster diving, instead he got us some trash bags and some gloves. 

Note: This was when I knew I was going to have a good summer with good friends. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment